MetaEdit+ 5.5 Released
MetaEdit+ 5.5 is released. As always, both your models and modeling languages created with previous versions of MetaEdit+ will work in the new version too.
The new version is loaded with dozens of new features and hundreds of improvements, including:
- Smart Model Versioning
- Automated tracking of model history and graphical highlighting of changes (video)
- See changes graphically directly in your models
- View changes as a tree using your language's structure and symbols, not XML
- Compare changes as a textual diff with live links to models and customizable text
- Filter to show just your changes, or all from multiple users editing the same models
- Versioning with API to Git and SVN
- Simple setup and automated background execution of versioning commands
- Maintain same model in several places, syncing with GitHub etc.
- Version and diff your language and generators along with models
- New features for language and generator creation and tool integration
- New MERL generator language Getting started guide and Primer
- New generator functions: run external command without opening shell, read results, with API: test file existence, access repository name, run dynamically generated MERL
- Navigation can be based on supertypes, do/dowhile also from ports and graphs
- Variables in MERL generator store formatting and links
- Build and iterate over object lists in MERL
- Graph types can have custom icons in the browsers
- UUID for Hex in addition to Base64
- Over 30 new API commands: navigation, control, properties, locking, allow undo
- Enhanced modeling functionality
- Streamlined UX in property dialog, e.g. drag-drop to move and copy in collections
- Graph deletion automatically finds unused subgraphs, offers them for deletion
- Intelligent zoom in diagrams
- Scrollable scalable property dialogs
- View lock info for objects and properties with Info Tool
- Faster UI for dynamic ports
See the full list of changes from MetaEdit+ 5.1 to 5.5. You can download the evaluation version of 5.5 for Windows at www.metacase.com/download with full manuals, tutorials and new examples on IoT, Text+BNF and automotive DSLs.
Customers entitled to a free upgrade will be contacted directly by MetaCase.