MetaCase Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > > MetaEdit+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How camchange the place of HardwarePinIn ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How camchange the place of HardwarePinIn ?
    Posted: 22.Jul.2019 at 03:09
Hi, I'm modeling the HardwareComponent in EAST-ADL, my question is this:
Does the 'HardwarePinIn' have to be placed on the left of the hardware component? can I modify it to enable placing it on the right? This is for better allocation of all the components and makes the diagram more readable. 

Thanks a lot!SmileSmile
stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Jul.2019 at 09:23

Hi! The EAST-ADL implementation follows the same approach as used in other modeling languages (e.g. Simulink), with in ports/pins are on the left and out ports/pins on the right. This can however be changed with MetaEdit+ Workbench by modifying the templates for pin/port allocation.

As an example: InOutPorts (ports/pins) of EAST-ADL can be applied for both directions, and are positioned on the bottom of the prototype symbol. After the modeler creates one on the bottom edge, he can however drag it anywhere along the perimeter (top, bottom, left, right). This because the template definition made with MetaEdit+ Workbench allows that.

mhcha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Jul.2019 at 10:31
Thanks for your reply! And could you please explain where I can modify the allocation templates, I searched type editor and symbol editor but couldn't find it. 

stevek View Drop Down
MetaCase
MetaCase

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stevek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Jul.2019 at 11:23
The path along which the ports can be allocated is defined in a Template element in the symbol of the Object type, e.g. DesignFunctionPrototype. In EAST-ADL there are two Templates for each path, one for the little square symbol of the port and another for the larger text element of the port name. And since EAST-ADL has three different types of port, and at least so far we have wanted these to have different paths, that gives a total of 6 Templates in the DesignFunctionPrototype - so editing them is not for the faint-hearted Smile.

The little square symbols for the ports are defined in the library, named after their port type with '_subsymbol' appended, e.g. OutFlowPort_sumbsymbol. For InOut ports, there is also an overlay from the Role symbol (Role types InFlowPort and OutFlowPort). 

The text elements are currently defined to use a subsymbol on the left for in ports, so you would need to rework those to get the text to appear on the right when the port is moved to the right. 

As this is quite a complicated example, I'd suggest you look at ports and Templates in simpler examples first, to get a better feel for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply